Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chetan (HR)     11 June 2010

Lease licensor evicting before tenure completion

Hi,

I have leased a property 3 months back for a period of 2 years with a termination notice of 1 month,but now  the licensor wants to evict me before completion of tenure.I intend to complete my tenure and hand over the property to the owner.Is their any legal standing that i can stay in my current house for a period of 2 years.

Quick reply would be appreciated.

Regards.

Learning

3 Replies

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     11 June 2010

Please give details of place and area of the place, the law is in your favor.

chetan (HR)     12 June 2010

The place is mumbai,I have also registered the agreement & also paid half of the stampduty & registration fees.But their is a termination clause of  1 month about which i am worried.I intend to complete my stay in the current house & hand over the possesion to the owner after Comlpletion of tenure.

Thanks,

Awaiting a reply at the earliest.

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     20 July 2010

In mumbai there is new rent control act and i think that is not very favourable to tenants as the old Act. Any how the landlord cannot evict you from the premises before the compleetion of the agreement period.  even after the agreed period the landlord should move rent control court for the eviction.  mere notice will not terminate the tenancy.  You should not vacate on receiving notice.  let him file a petition for evicion then only you need to worry.  Till them you ignore the notice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register