LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S. CHANDRAKANTH (ENGINEER)     04 August 2009

lease dispute

My dear Law friends, pl guide me.  I took possesion of an industrial shed measuring 1000 sqft on 01/01/2008 @ Rs.10000/- pm as rent.  Subsequently the property owner demanded Rs.31,000/- as "fair rent" from 01/08/2008 after he saw a newspaper publication about fair rent.  He sent me legal notice for the new proposed rent and we also repliced through a lawyer stating some points/reasons and stood that whatever we pay is fair rent.  The land owner has approached court and we have also received "summon" from the court to appear in person regarding fair rent  as per rent control acts of tamil nadu.. However, very recently (that is one month back) the same owner has lent out another portion of his property measuring about 1600 sqft and 900 sq ft for only 10,000/- as monthly rent.  He also made rental agreement for this new lease with tenants.  Please tell me whether       the case he has put on me will be valid if i took the copy of agreements of the new tenandents to courtes.  From the beginning my land laord had created problems and did not made agreement with me.

Learning

1 Replies

muthiahayyadurai (advocate)     08 November 2009

Originally posted by :S. CHANDRAKANTH
" My dear Law friends, pl guide me. I took possesion of an industrial shed measuring 1000 sqft on 01/01/2008 @ Rs.10000/- pm as rent. Subsequently the property owner demanded Rs.31,000/- as "fair rent" from 01/08/2008 after he saw a newspaper publication about fair rent. He sent me legal notice for the new proposed rent and we also repliced through a lawyer stating some points/reasons and stood that whatever we pay is fair rent. The land owner has approached court and we have also received "summon" from the court to appear in person regarding fair rent as per rent control acts of tamil nadu.. However, very recently (that is one month back) the same owner has lent out another portion of his property measuring about 1600 sqft and 900 sq ft for only 10,000/- as monthly rent. He also made rental agreement for this new lease with tenants. Please tell me whether the case he has put on me will be valid if i took the copy of agreements of the new tenandents to courtes. From the beginning my land laord had created problems and did not made agreement with me. "

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register