Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh Kumar (Software Developer)     17 January 2019

Law on code of conduct in india

Hi,

Can anybody please put light on "Why doesn't the Honourable Supreme Court of India impose a standard dress etiquette and conduct for both men and women in India?".  I don't know if it should be put into Criminal Law or not and since I felt it should be a constitutional question I am putting this question in this section.

Thanks and Regards,

Ganesh

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 January 2019

Have you seen such enactment in any nation or involvement of SC on such issue in other countries?

The decency or vulgar must be an individual decision and obscene is a punishable offense over 100 years. 

Ganesh Kumar (Software Developer)     18 January 2019

But sir why should we wait for some other nation to do it rather than doing it ourselves first. I know sounds non-democratic and yet we have a dress conduct in school and college we have studied. Then, shouldn't there be a law which has an executable and well defined with regard to dressing and public behaviour for everyone. I know there are laws regarding public behaviour but I don't know if such laws exist regarding appearance and dressing. We know that everybody is not the same and peaceful and I don't think our lawmamers makes should be running away from this fact, why dress in a way that invites risk, and it is equally true for all genders. I said Supreme Court because we have in many cases it can direct the govt and make ammendments to laws. Thanks for the reply sir, Thanks and Regards, Ganesh.

But sir why should we wait for some other nation to do it rather than doing it ourselves first. I know sounds non-democratic and yet we have a dress conduct in school and college we have studied. Then, shouldn't there be a law which has an executable and well defined with regard to dressing and public behaviour for everyone. I know there are laws regarding public behaviour but I don't know if such laws exist regarding appearance and dressing. We know that everybody is not the same and peaceful and I don't think our lawmamers makes should be running away from this fact, why dress in a way that invites risk, and it is equally true for all genders. I said Supreme Court because we have in many cases it can direct the govt and make ammendments to laws. Thanks for the reply sir, Thanks and Regards, Ganesh.

Shashi Dhara   18 January 2019

India is huge highly populated country. It s population is more than125croresit is not so easy task to spend the revenue for those silly proceedings.large gap between judges and cases.if u file one silly case on silly matters then it may take 100yrs to decide it.i advice u u do one thing u close Ur eyes act like blind

Sir,

I don't think I too have time for silly things. This topic has been long debated, I am just trying to seek a solution, closing eyes is not one of them. I don't know why it seems silly to you when I am talking of making the law more preventive and instead of piling up all such silly cases of molestation we could prevent most of them from happening.

Shashi Dhara   18 January 2019

In India there ismore then 12000laws no law can be enforced. U walk for two k.m. u see every one violating road laws . If traffic police constable he warns he brities don't care for law.cannot impose fine every one quarrels with him U see celiberties don't care for law.as my opinion only beggars poor innocents who afraid of society are prosicuted.who is influential in society can engage advocate who is ready to plead him with high remuneration.so I said it silly. They file suit one number is given. The it goes on orbit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register