LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka Behal (Lawyer)     19 September 2008


What is the procedure to open a registered proprietoship law firm? is it enough to get a practicing license from bar council? 


 4 Replies

VIKAS GARG (LAWYER)     19 September 2008

As law firm means two or more lawyers work together for more profits and here no particular licenece is required to open the firm. But as it is always advisable to get your firm register under chapter 7 of partnership act , 1963 to avoid any disqualifcation while filing any litigation regarding your firm buisness.

Visit at:

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 September 2008

Yes. Nowadays it is must and should.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     20 September 2008

Well, the Advocates Act recognises only individual advocates. A partnership firm or a company cannot be an advocate. However, rules of BCI allows partnership among advocates.

Thus advocates can make partnership and do practice under partnership arrangement. Registration is not required. However, for convenience in business transaction, the firm may get itself registered under Partnership Act and also apply to Income Tax to be assesed for tax as a partnership.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     21 September 2008

"To do something", "a right to do", and legal recognition are different things.

What is the meaning of practice. Say, a person is advicing on corporate law, no bar. Anybody can advice. Even on this forum, people do advice. There is no bar in advicing anybody on any issue. If that practice, any body can practice anything.

However, there should not be any misrepresentation. One may be practicing a corporate affairs advisory, but if he is not a CA- he should not represent himself as CA. Further, certain documents are required to be certified by certain professionals like CA or CS or Chartered Engineer. Everybody, including practicing professionals do avail their services for such certification, even that person can avail.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query