Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chinmay sahoo (ce(m))     12 March 2014

Landed property partition

dear sir,

may kindly guide me on the following issue.

.We are hindus living in Orissa state. 

My grand mother X had 9 acres of agricultural land IN A CITY which was distributed in two parts . One part went jointly to her elder son A & his ( A's) four sons- O,P,Q,R.The other part went jontly to her son B & his three sons-E,F,G.SHE HAD ONLY TWO SONS & NO DAUGHTER. The afore-mentioned partition was registered in 1973.I am the son R of father A.There is no clear cut demarcation of  properties jointly held by my father & his sons. My grand mother X passed away in 2000 & my father passed away in 2012. We brothers have an elder sister who now claims an equal share of the properties held jointly in the name of father A & sons O,P,Q,R. My question is- what will be my sister's share in the property held jointly in the name of my father & his sons?

thanks,

c s

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     22 March 2014

she is eligible for equal share.

chinmay sahoo (ce(m))     24 March 2014

Dear Mr. Raghavan,

The property was gifted to my grand mother by her father-in-law in 1945.Will it not be her self-acquired property?

Regards,

c sahoo

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     24 March 2014

Your father got a share from her mother through partition deed, which was duly registered .After passing of your father i think no partition was effected for the above mentioned properties. If you are going to effect partition  now,your sister is eligible for a share.

Your question on gift deed effected by FIL, are all irrelevant now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register