LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sadakka (hr)     26 October 2011

Land sale dispute


Dear Sir,

I have given power to sell my land to my own brother. He agreed  that he include me also with the sale agreement if he sells to any body. I and my brother did not sigh any agreement between us.

He sold the land without informing me and now willing to settle less amount to me than the amount sold by him. Kindly advise me in this regard how to proceed with legal suits.




 3 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     26 October 2011

Dear Sadakka,

I need a clarification whether the power of attorney executed by you was registered one or not.  If it is a registered one, now you cannot challenge the sale deed executed by him to a third party.

The only remedy available to you is to file a civil suit against your brother for recovery of money i.e. sale consideration.

sadakka (hr)     26 October 2011

I gave power to my brother and it was registered in the Local Taluk Registration office. Please guide me how to proceed this  dispute. Thanks Sadakka

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     27 October 2011

I have already answered your query.  File a civil suit for recovery of money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register