LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dajsmuryan (Business)     21 April 2015

Land grabbing case


We have a land grabbing case filed in Aug 2013.

a. Usually, how much time it takes to get the case gets if no one is contesting i.e., respondent is not contesting

b. Online status says I.A. as Case Disposed and O.S. - scheduled for first hearing? What does that mean?

c. What is the usual procedure for this i.e., while the case is undergoing and after the case is heard?

d. Our lawyer is not providing constant updates and we are little frustrated. Is this always we have to approach lawyer to get the status or lawyer should be proactive enough to update us the status

e. How does the fees structure usually work for this type of cases with lawyers?

Please advise.


 6 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     23 April 2015

If nobody is contenting, your case will take between 6 months and one year.  The fee structure will be less than civil court.  It will be Rs. 20,000/- fixed rate irrespective of the claim (how high so ever).  This is the position in Telangana.  I do not about other sates. 

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     28 April 2015

It is better  to consult you local lawyer

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2015

The qestions put here for clarification are of routine nature which the own lawyer can very well answer. If you do not want to contact your lawyer for updates, there is no use of filing a suit.  It becomes your duty to follow up the case with the lawyer regularly in your own interest. The lawyer may be having plenty of cases but you have only your case.  The fee structure of lawyer depends on the lawyer, his expertise, standing and circumstance, there is no hard and fast rule to charge any specific fee. You said land grabbing case, what is it?  First of all clarify the nature of suit fom your lawyer, status and other details, if you have any doubt you can very well clarify from your lawyer itself, if he is not respondig properly, you may change the lawyer.

M.S.Ansari (student)     02 May 2015

what do you think the lawyer give you 24X7 live telecast.

it is the duty of the plaintiff to follow-up the status of the case.

fees can vary from case to case and lawyer to lawyer.

Dajsmuryan (Business)     23 November 2015

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     24 November 2015

First you check up in your concerned court that whether there is any special court constituted by the State Government which is meant to take up case of land grabbing.  If there is such special Court, you will get a benefit of fixed court fee i.e. Rs. 20,000/- irrespective of pecuniary jurisdiction.  If there is no such special court, you have to file a case in the regular civil court and you have to pay normal court fee, approximately 1% of the market value of the immovable property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query