LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh (Advocates and Arbitrators)     27 September 2008

Jurisdiction of Practise

Dear Members,

             One of my friend has completed law degree from Salem, Tamilnadu and enrolled as an Advocate in Bar Council of Tamil Nadu. He practised in Chennai High Court for 7 years, Due to his father's job he was supposed to shift his residence to Bangalore. Can he practise in Bangalore High Court? Is there any procedure to be followed? Can he get practising rights all over india from Tamil Nadu Bar Council? Please advice me.


 6 Replies

advocate jain (advocate)     28 September 2008

yes he can practising right all over india but voting right at on place only

Tribhuwan Pandey (Advocate)     28 September 2008

Once the person has been enrolled in Bar Counsel India/State and issed a licence for practice as an Advocate, he is entitled to practice in any court all over the India. It is different procedure to enroll in Bar Association of particular place. Every Bar Association have their own rules & regulation to admit the members to their Bar Associoation.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     28 September 2008

You can practice any where in India. but for HC you have to get a role number from the concerned HC.

SHEKHAR MISHRA (public servant)     28 September 2008

U   r   at    liberty   to   practise   all   over    India.

suresh (Advocates and Arbitrators)     30 September 2008

Dear Friends,

 Thank you for your replies. When my friend has approached Karnataka Bar Council for enquiry. They have replied him that he has to cancel the enrollment at Madras and the file will be sent to Bar Council of India, with the recommendation letter from BCI, he has to enrol again in karnataka. But the seniorty will be given based on the first enrollment.

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     26 October 2008

i think u'r problem is solved

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register