Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kailash (manager)     08 November 2009

Is operating baby sitting Nursery & playgroup commercial?

Hello..! Firstly I would like to thank you for putting up such wonderful information about society laws. My request to you is that Please also email me on my queries as below:

1. Is operating Playgroup / Nursery / Baby Sitting and Taking tuitions of children at home is Commercial Activity as per rules of Maharastra Co-op Societies Act...? I have heard that these are not.. I have also read in time of india one day that co-operative court has held that Tuitions are not commercial activity.. about the operating of nursery and playgroup I have just heard.. but I have just heard I am not sure... (Normal Indian laws also not take these activities as commercial) So which section / para of the act mentions about these activities being commercial or not?

2. Is any non-member who/or whose wife is not member (They or their family don't have any flat in society)are allowed to be as Managing commitee member? Can mamanging commitee make non - member part of the managing commitee?

I am in serious need of this information .. Hope to get your expert opinion at earliest.
Kailash Rathi email: kailash.rathi@yahoo.com, rathi.kailash@gmail.com

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     08 November 2009

Non-member can't be on the MC.

Kailash (manager)     08 November 2009

Thanks Mr Anil.

It will be great if you can share any co-op. court ruling or precedent judgement example - (XYZ Vs. ABC Society etc etc  Year ... xyz) or some ruling reference.

Please also guide me whether operating playgroup or nursery in flat and to take tuitions is Commercial activity? I have heard that these are not. But I am not sure.

Please help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register