Ipc 420, 406, 416

I have been charged under IPC 420, 406, 416 from the Jharkhand lower court. I need some help.


I have a small chunk of land(18.5 decimals) in a good locality of Ranchi  district. In the year of 2012  numbers of land brokers have approached me to sale that property .Which was denied by me, as I don't need to sale  that property.


after  a few months some of my well wishers told me that one broker are selling your land by showing your and his agreement paper. I contact lawyer  to take preventive action before being a victim. Lawyer suggested me to publish in local news paper mentioning that the said property is not saleable and any personal if involved in purchasing then it will be his responsibility because I have neither authorized nor thought to sale my said property.     

After a month the broker has send me notice through his lawyer mentioning that you have made agreement with me to sale the chunk of land and after number of time your promised to register in a few days. But now you are denying, if you register that land then its ok otherwise I ‘ll got the court to register that land in my name…. I was surprised at that time as didn’t made any agreement to sale any chunk of land of mine to anyone and person send me the legal notice , it was shocking to me.

During the lawyers notice to the opponent, I come to know that the land broker has made my false signature in the agreement paper and also mentioned that I have taken 1100000(eleven lakh rupees as advance).  ….it was also shocking for me….

As per my lawyer advice I made a complain in the court for forgery. Which went to the Police station for investigation. From police station, the Investigation Officer registered charge as IPC 420, 406, 416 against me.

In the same time I also registered the complain case  in the court against the land broker which is IPC 420,  468,471, 120.

Now I have requested for anticipatory bail from the court as per my lawyer suggestion.

My  question is that :

1.       what I should do to save my property and myself  at the earliest.

2.       My lawyer is looking after mostly civil case. Should criminal lawyer must be involved in my case.

3.       The land broker is using their power and money in police to save themselves and to have my property.




 S. Choubey 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x