Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHAILA   13 December 2015

Ipc 376

Dear All,

I have friend who is wanted under section 376 false promise of marriage, and when the girl came to speak to him he got hyper and hit her, there are 2 FIR lodged against him In Delhi one under hitting and other under  376, 328 and when he got to know this he ran back to Australia ( he is only work visa which is valid till 2017 and yet to apply for PR) now recently we got to know that court has issued a non-bailable warrant against him from district court. Please advice is there is problem if he doesn't come back and surrender he still hold Indian passport, and if he does not come back to India for 1 year will he be affected and one more thing there is a look out notice also issued and how much chances are there to get bail by applying it from Australia without coming and what are his chances to get the bail.



 6 Replies


You cant getaway easily from crminal cases.bst thing to conatacta crminal cases lawyerin your town

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     14 December 2015

The more delay he causes in approaching a lawyer and availing his rights, the lesser are his chances of securing bail . Ask him to immediately contact a good lawyer

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     14 December 2015

Tell your friend engage an lawyer for him and file immediately for obtaining anticipatory bail in the high court only then come in India otherwise he will be prosecuted, after obtaining AB then fight his case on their merits.

AS   19 December 2015

SHAILA  there is no way that bail will be granted to him . In 376 case bail is not be given even if he fight till supreme court.

i dont wanna to threat you and i am not lawyer, But i am telling fact ...this all is happening because of one delhi rape case where people went mad and pressurized govt to change law and now many innocent people are suffering in india.

I will suggest dont apply for bail else it proof it that you are aware of case.

Try to get married to some girl in some country where you can get green card or permanenet visa but dont come to india else tell your friend to spend minimum 2 years in jail till judgment is prnounced.


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2015

When your friend is slapped with NBW, LOC and police are anxiously awaiting to arrest him on being sighted, you better ask him to surrender and get enlarged on bail. 


Agrreed with kaliselvan sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query