LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (s/w professional)     01 March 2012

Invalid pan no and tan no in form 16


I have recently collected Form16 for the financial year 2008-09 from my Ex-Employer who closed the company last year. I have noticed that the Pan no and Tan No provided in it are invalid and even noticed that in Tax Credit Statement 26AS the credit details are missing. Please let me know that can I correct my Form 16? If it is not possible is there a chance to get new Form 16 for the given financial year now? 





 1 Replies

C. P. CHUGH (Practicing Lawyer)     02 March 2012

Well Prasad, First why do you required form 16 for FY 2008-2009 now. The return for the year are already filed and processed.  However any person knowingly quoting wrong PAN or TAN is liable for penal action u/s 272 and can also be prosecuted.  If your Ex-employer has willfully and knowingly issued you a Certificate with wrong PAN and TAN no, write to Chief Commissioner of Income of the Area, having jurisdiction over your ex-employer with a copy of Form 16, requesting him to take appropriate action against the defaulter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query