Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seekerforhelp (web enggr)     22 December 2014

Intercast Marriage: parents disapproval in love marriage

Hello,

I am vaishnavi, a working professional. 

This post is on behalf of both me and my partner Vinay. We both want to get married to each other.

Vinay is also a working professional. We both are major.

Vinay's parents are not getting ready for the marriage because its inter-caste. His parents even asked him to do suicide if he go forward for this marriage. His family threatening him to death for the choice. We want to get married in very legal manner. 

Is their any way to counsel his parents in right way and lawfully.

Does anyone can support us if we get married against their will.

Please show us right way.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

When you didnt care about your parents before falling in love, why care about what they feel and think now? Its really meaningless that you are asking this question.  If you want to marry, just go  marry in some temple or some arya samaj etc.  Are you sure its a intercaste marriage?  

Intercaste marriage is shia marry sunni, protestant marry roman catholic, lingayat marry gowda, brahmin marry lingayat.  Thats intercaste marriage.

muslim marry christian, hindu marry christian, hindu marry muslim - inter-religion marriage.

Both wont last long, there will be major differences in culture.  And nobody will be peaceful, neither you or your respective parents.   Getting married is very easy, but if it wont work and you want to untie the knot, its very difficult to get divorce.

Legally you cannot force your parents to get you married.  Even if you both tie the knot and if the marriage works there will always be a untold sense of emptiness in both of you.

If you want support contact nearest police station.  But imagine, a relationship which will start in a police station how it will be.

seekerforhelp (web enggr)     23 December 2014

yes he is bramhin and I am lingayat.

We thought about our parents from the start.

We are not kids Who are just attracted to each other.

We know really well we really want to get marry.

Only thing We were asking is the perfect counseling act to convince them. I know having differences can create problem but same time we are not living in 19s. 

So dear Sir, Thanks a lot for advice.

SuperHero (Manager)     24 December 2014

Love Marriage works for Boy and Girl. 

May be after marriage a baby will convince the elders.

Good Luck!!!

meghana   31 July 2015

im an 21 year old gal n ma guy is 22 almost in a verge of stepping into 23,we are in relationship from 6 years and both of our parents knows about this.still both of them are not ready to accept it because he is a brahmin and im a jain.he is going for his higher studies tis august 23rd for europe and by the time he comes back it wil b 3 years and ma family people is already in search of anothr guy frm our caste so plz help us out.we are thinking of gettng married before he leaves and right now he is in his visa process and we have not yet registered for court marriage under special marriage act.plz help us out.its realy important for us

SuperHero (Manager)     31 July 2015

@Meghana - Please open a NEW thread..Helping Hand reply is Straight forward...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register