LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani manohar (M.Sc)     03 January 2012

Inter caste mrg reg

sir I am hindu and i married a christian. our mrg was done by hrc but when i went to register ofc to register my mrg they told that registration cannot be done. and how can i apply for the claim


 3 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     03 January 2012

Hindu + Christian

marriage is allowed under special marriage act.

if u have married as per Hindu rituals, the marriage is void.

dipender kumar (advocate)     03 January 2012

you can and should register your marriage under Special Marriage Act.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 January 2012

Better get marriage registered under the Spl Marriage Act as advised. You have induced the layd to live with you after assuring that you are married to her but actually marriage has not taken place. If your relations get estaranged [which is prevelent trend specially in love marriages] you will be charged for rape. The pandit who solemanised marriage will be a witness (or else he will be co-accused as abetteor he he knew that the marraige is between hindu and non-hindu.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register