Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (LEGAL OFFICER)     03 June 2008

INFORMATION NEEDED???

1. EXACT JURISDICTION OF MMRDA??

2. IS THERE ANY AMENDMENT IN IT?

3. IS THEIR ANY OFFICIAL MAP MENTIONING ITS JURISDICTION?

Learning

3 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     03 June 2008

This Authority is responsible for the development of Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) which comprises a Megacity of Mumbai - the capital of Maharshtra State - and rapidly growing hinterland.

MMRDA was set up on the 26th January, 1975 under the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority Act, 1974 Goverment of Maharashtra as an apex body for planning and co-ordination of development activities in the Region.

The goal of achieving a balanced development of the Region is attempted by the MMRDA through the following strategies :

Preparation of perspective plans
Promotion of alternative growth centres
Strengthening of infrastructure facilities
Provision of development finance

In order to implement these strategies, the MMRDA prepares plans, formulates policies and programmes and helps in directing investments in the Region. In particular, it conceives, promotes and monitors the key projects for developing new growth centres and bring about improvement in sectors like transport, housing, water supply and environment in the Region. Moreover, if a project is of particular significance, the MMRDA takes up the responsibility for its implementation.

You can get the map of MMRDA at the following link

https://lawyersclubindia.com/forum/messages/2008/6/1702_map_of_mmrda.asp

Amit (LEGAL OFFICER)     03 June 2008

THANK YOU SIR. THE INFORMATION IS REALLY VALUABLE. BUT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS BIT DEFERENT. I HAVE TWO DIFFERENT MAPS GIVEN BY TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE SHOWS DIFFERENT JURISDICTION OF MMRDA, ONE IS UP TO BHIVANDI AND ANOTHER IS UP TO ATAGAON. IS THERE ANY BODY WHO CAN DIRECT ME THE FOR THE SAME???

(Guest)

Thank you all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register