Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirmal (Business)     30 April 2010

Indian Passport Re issue, Case pending in court

Hi All,
I've applied for my Indian Passport reissue at High Commission of India at London office 2 months back. When I enquired with them they said that the Status of Application is Adverse.

I've done some research on the Adverse issue and came to know that cause might be a) Address not verified b) A court case is pending

Since I'm not present in India obviously they couldn't have verified the address.

However my cause of concern is the court case pending in India. The judgement has yet to be delivered. In this case, if a court case is pending, is it impossible to get my passport re issued?

Does anyone know about it anymore?

So if court case is pending one can't get passort at all?

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     30 April 2010

Case booked under what sections of IPC can rule the decision of the PP authorities. Further, I presume you must not have made a mention of the same in your PP application.

Originally posted by :A V Vishal
" Case booked under what sections of IPC can rule the decision of the PP authorities. Further, I presume you must not have made a mention of the same in your PP application. "

Hi Vishal,

tx for answer.

I've 2 cases

1) IPC 302, Arms act

2) Cheque Bouce Case.

I've obtained bail from both of the above cases.

Both cases are still going on in the courts.

In the passport renewal application there was no section to mention any criminal proceeding so obviously I didn't mention any.

You can see the application form from High Commission of India, London Website

https://hcilondon.in/word/renewal.doc

I'm not able to get exact status of my passport application. All I could know from High commission of India London office was that it has Adverse status. Which could be either they couldn't find me on the mention address or they have put Crimnal case matter in it.

I've no way of knowing the exact status. I checked with Police Commissioner Office in Bangalore but they said they haven't received any document at all. I checked with Local Police stationm, they also said no document received.

So I can assume that RPO Bangalore has put the status Adverse based on something??

Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry it is IPC 307 and not 302.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register