25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajaiy Tyagi   10 July 2022

Inam land leased to govt by ancestors. how do i claim it back?

I have inam land with clear title and mutation completed by Muafi Section, Office of the Divisional Commissioner in 1961.  Land is in Indore - 13 acres.

Currently, there is a lease on the land 99 year and government is running a school and doing other activities there. (Lease amount INR 500)

How can I get the possession back from the Government? This land was inherited by me and I have clear title. I receive the payment of 500 Rupees.


 1 Replies


File a civil suit in the local court for payment of lease charges as per the present market value of the property.

Give them a notice for cancellation of lease if the same is required for personal use.

Claim evicstion for a part of the land which is not occupied for public purpose. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query