Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Joshi   13 December 2023

Immediate Boss not accepting resignation mail

Dear Sir
Hope you are doing well.

My reporting Manager is not accepting my resignation even I am ready to serve notice period which is agreed.

He is literally harassing me on lingering my requests. Also, he is putting conditions in front of me to complete this thing, that thing and trying to trap me in things where it is not relevant.

Pls guide me how to tackle the situation. Can I leave organisation without their resignation acceptance? What grounds I can take against them ?

Regards

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)
Write to your HR & if that doesn't work , Lodge a Formal Grievance at CPGRAM Portal with the Ministry of Labour with all your details with letter of resignation enclosed.
First send it through email to your HR
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 December 2023

Where you are employed? Who is the appointing authority? What are the terms of appointment?

Ashish Joshi   13 December 2023

sir I am working in private sector. Terms is to serve 1 month notice period which I am agree to follow. Reporting boss is intentionally harassing me to complete other things which are not in my control and putting conditions to finish to accept resignation.

Sanskriti Tiwari   13 December 2023

An employee can resign by serving the agreed notice period as per the terms of employment. If your manager is not accepting your resignation and is creating hurdles, you can formally communicate your resignation via email or a written letter, keeping records of all correspondence. The delay tactics may not hold legally if you've followed the resignation protocol outlined in your employment contract.

According to the Indian Contract Act, 1872, once notice is served as per the employment agreement, an employee can choose to leave after the notice period even without formal acceptance of resignation.

If the situation escalates, you may consider approaching labor authorities like the Labor Commissioner’s Office for mediation. Retaining evidence of harassment or unreasonable demands can support your case.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     14 December 2023

After serving notice period you may stop attending the duty / calls. 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2023

I hope your boss is aware of Bonded Labour Act.

1 Like

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     16 December 2023

Simply send the resignation letter through offcial email/ registered/ speed post. Keep the postal receipt/ online track report for future reference. 

In the resignation letter clearly mention your intention to serve the notice period as per terms of employment and also mention the last date of your duty. 

Stop attending duty after last date. 

Unless the management refuses in writing to accept your resignation due to a valid resign, such resignation will be deemed to have been accepted. It does not matter whether management confirms acceptance of your resignation in writing or not.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register