LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arvind (abc)     06 August 2011

Illegal money by way of absence any agreement between tenant

How and where to complaint about menance (illegal money without receipt) of  brokers / owners charging rent but not ready to enter into any rent agreement / pay receipt of monthly rents payable. Are such people liable for any punishment? Is there any Law/Rule which  calls for checks and liable punishment? Tenant under compulsion has no choice in city like mumbai where this kind of Illegal pratice is in full swing. We even don't have any record of money deposited with them as they want all in cash. Need opinion/guidance from veterans on how and where to lodge complaint about such people. Can we complaint in Income tax department about Illegal monies.




Mumbai (at present unluckily from)


 3 Replies

Doveson (advocate)     06 August 2011

U can. But I am coming across such a case for the first time. Ur landlord is taking the biggest risk by allowing u to stay without any documents. U can complain to the IT department. These days, its a cognizable offence if the tenancy agreement is not deposited with the police station.

Anz A. (Associate)     17 August 2011

Can you please enumerate the law and section on which you are saying 'cognizable offence if the tenancy agreement' ? Thank you

arvind (abc)     19 August 2011

Dear Doveson,

Can you please elucidate on procedure how to approach IT department. Will they listen to common man.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register