LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arun   15 October 2017

Illegal holding back of intellectual property rights!

Dear Sir An area sales manager of a goods company is holding back my warranty documents illegally and not giving me despite promises. He wants to nullify advantage of warranty. This is also breach of contract. Proof exists in the form of whatsapp messages and email messages. Can we lodge a police complaint to begin with against him for withholding somebody's property? Please give advice. Regards Dr. Arun Shirgaonkar

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Sir what are those documents , Intellectual Property is distinct from conventional Property...Pls be clarity innur question...Regards...# Balachander Reddy,B.Com,LL.B,LL.M Intellectual Property Rights, # 9959850723.

arun   15 October 2017

Dear Mr. Reddy... I am sorry that I have overstated the property. The documents are warranty papers and are very much required to stake a claim on the company when repairs are to be done on a costly TV. He lured us into buying the said warranty. The manager exactly wants to preempt that by withholding the stamped and signed documents. According to me this may amount to breach of trust or cheating under IPC 420 as he admits to holding them but doesn't handover ? Great deal of correspondence has also not helped...including to his superiors..and a token Police complaint might bring him to his senses. Please advise. Regards Dr. Arun Shirgaonkar

arun   15 October 2017

Dear Mr. Reddy... I am sorry that I have overstated the property. The documents are warranty papers and are very much required to stake a claim on the company when repairs are to be done on a costly TV. He lured us into buying the said warranty. The manager exactly wants to preempt that by withholding the stamped and signed documents. According to me this may amount to breach of trust or cheating under IPC 420 as he admits to holding them but doesn't handover ? Great deal of correspondence has also not helped...including to his superiors..and a token Police complaint might bring him to his senses. Please advise. Regards Dr. Arun Shirgaonkar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register