LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soumya (owner)     06 July 2011

Illegal Construction Demolition

My Uncle build a 5 storied flat [including ground floor] beside our House. Actual  land was partitioned proportionately between my father and my uncle.

The problem is that the current Structure has illegally built on our land too. Unfortunately my Father didnt oppose or filed any case against this. And its now almost 15 years past after that.

So, Am I still elligible to file any case against the Flat stating that the Flat is illegally build? Also do I have any kind of hope of winning the case?

Learning

3 Replies

Soumya (owner)     06 July 2011

The property is in Howrah, West Bengal

Kalpesh (Advocate)     06 July 2011

Hi,

Your claim to claim back possession of the land is barred by law of limitation as it provides period of 12 years to file a suit from the date of dispossession. However, the construction carried out by your uncle has to be in accordance with local development regulations. If the same is not in accordance with local development regulation then you can file complaint with the Municipal corporation or development authority who approves the Building plan and can also approach civil courts for demolition of the portions constructed illegally and without having ownership on the land.

Kalpesh Joshi

Advocate

Mumbai.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     06 July 2011

First u check a plan pass copy then u file a suit for possession and stop the illegal constuction on your land. Attach a all legal documents with suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register