LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jack (nothing)     24 February 2015

Ilegal bank statemet

Hello Experts,
can you please help me what action can i take on bank if bank(private) given my account statement to some one else with out my information.My bank statemet ilegally submitted in a court for a family matter. so i want to take action, can you please let me know steps to take action on bank?

i have discussed with bank manager about this and he is able to track the person who pulled it and ask me to give written complaint so that they terminate that guy from service. but i am not only looking for that , also want to liable bank for my damage. Please help as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.


 1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 February 2015

1. Try your level best to obtain in writing even if by hand on copy of your complaint with seal of the bank with date that:

'You have not applied for copy of the bank statement..............on or before the dated (date on bank statement) 

After it is obtained the BM may write that they are investigating and shall take  action of concerned employee of the bank.

The bank if pulled to court later may mention that the statement was issued on save it from penalty.


2. The RBI, IBA,BCSBI has issued instructions and accordingly banks are liable to maintain secrecy of the Bank's customer.......a/c.


3. There are many threads with similar queries and you can search at:

by punching keywords in 'Search Topics & Posts' button on bottom of right side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads