LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh (Businessman)     16 April 2024

I want to start a manufacturing unit of either agarbattis or a paper cups. what are the legal requirements?

I want to start a business of manufacturing Agarbattis or Paper cups Delhi/Noida. What are the legal requirements?


 3 Replies

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     16 April 2024

Is it a company? Is a partnership firm?


Thank you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2024

Licenses Required for Agarbatti Manufacturing Business

  • Company Registration: The first step in starting an incense-making business is to register your business. First, you must register the business as a company, proprietorship, partnership etc.
  • Trade License: Every person who runs a business needs a trade licence. Local bodies such as corporations, municipalities issue trade licenses.
  • Small Scale Industries (SSI) Registration: Those who own a small scale company, must register to fulfill this registration whose investment in plant and machinery does not exceed Rs.25 lakh.
  • Pollution Certificate: This certificate is required, and it is obtained by inspecting the location where the manufacturing unit is located. The State Pollution Control Board does this task, after which one is permitted to run a business. 
  • Factory License: A NOC and a factory licence are required for large-scale manufacturing commercial units. 

For starting a Paper cup business you need to get company registration done and acquire Gst number and tin/pan number, you can also Contact your local Authorities or business Professional and legal service personnel to get the required information about the required formalities and guidelines.


Shailesh (Businessman)     17 April 2024

@Mr. Sumitra kumar

Either a sole proprietership or a partnership firm. Pls answer for both.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register