Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil   11 March 2024

I purchased a property, but the seller signed the sale agreement with someone else six years ago.

I purchased the property 6*5 from the seller after partition, but the seller had signed a registered sale agreement with another person when it was in 6*1 six years ago. I could not find any transactions on the property while I was making the purchase. After purchasing the land, I came to know that the Sale Agreement holder had filed a civil suit 2 years ago. I would appreciate it if you could guide me on how to proceed in this situation.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 March 2024

It was a blunder mistake on your part that you did not verify the details of the property before venturing into the purchase.

Another big mistake is that you did not obtain a proper legal opinion from an experienced lawyer before purchasing the property.

Now due to your casual and careless attitude you are goping to pay heavily along with fatigue due to litigation in court.

You have to challenge along with the vendor in the court about the case that has been filed by the previous purchaser. 

At least now you properly follow up the case through a skilled lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register