LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya   26 November 2018

I need advice in my case against husband bigamy

Hi i got married on 2015 but i got separated from my husband for 3 three years due to harassment and cruelty. on 2017 july i have filed a divorce case against him but he didnt appear even single hearing, i came to know that he got second married so i have given complaint in local police station on Feb 2018, after two months (March 2018) i got exparte divorce but police is telling that they cant file FIR because of exparte divorce they are asking me to provide direction from court to file FIR please help me whether this case is valid or not because of my exparte divorce and what is court direction and how long it will take to get direction from court against my husband (He came to my home with some person and he hurted me on 11th nov 2018 and he asked me to get back my complaint what should i do now

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 November 2018

Bigamy complaint under section 494, 495 IPC is non-cognizable offence hence no direct FIR registered by police. The private complaint has to be filled directly in the court of Judicial Magistrate Class1 of the district where the husband is living or even the wife living or where the offence was committed.

Adv M Ali Shaikh   26 November 2018

It's becoming a serious issue you can file a criminal complaint before the court u/s 494,406,323 498a IPC. As well you can file a domestic violence application in which you can get more reliefs. For more details you can contact me on 9172323568

M I SABUGAR Advocate   28 November 2018

pl.contect legel cell free In court.prov ide advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register