LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Baby   28 November 2019

Husband is delaying second motion in mutual done

Couple has filed for mutual divorce.First Motion has been done.After first motion Six month has been passed.On due date of second motion husband did not appear in court .Now husband is delaying the second motion .He is neither coming to sign the second motion and nor withdrawing the case.Husband had already paid all amount which we have settled at the time of first motion only.Need Guidance on following mentioned points 1) How we can make husband to come in court and sign second motion 2) There were no cases like 498 A,DV etc before filing mutual divorce.Can we file any sort of metromonial cases on him after signing of first motion and taking all the settled amount from him to put pressure on him for signing second motion.If we put any sort of metromonial cases on him, what will be the standing of that cases in front of court as MCD is in process 3) How long husband can delay the signing of second motion 4) Can court provide summon or notice to husband for his appearance in court

Learning

10 Replies

Baby   28 November 2019

Dear Experts

Please share your suggestions 

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     28 November 2019

no one can force him to appear in court as this is mutual consent case, eventually application will be dismissed without orders.

Baby   28 November 2019

After how much time application get dismissed if he continuously  fail to appear in court.I have understood that Second motion can be filed from 6 months to 18 months.Will court wail for 18 months or dismiss it before 18 months if husband fail to appear in court

pleasr suggest

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2019

The best option is to watch and wait or to withdraw the petition and file a petition for divorce. But the latter course could take much time for a decision.

Baby   28 November 2019

Dear Mr Venu

Is there any possibility that court will dismiss the case before 18 months if husband fails to appear on court Or court will wait for 18 months complete to dismiss the petetion

Baby   29 November 2019

Dear Experts 

Please suggest 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 November 2019

If the parties do not appear within 18 months of passing first motion of mutual consent divorce, it will automatically lapse.

Your lawyer is well aware about the case and competent / intelligent enough to proceed, contact him/her immediately.

It is better to consult another local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and guidance if you have lost faith in your lawyer.

Baby   30 November 2019

Dear Vashishta sir

I want to understand particularly, Both the parties are not withdrawing the MCD.Is there any possibilty that court should dismiss the petetion before 18 months if one party or both the parties remain absent on the  dates given by court after first motion or it is mandatory for court to wait for 18 months to dismiss the petetion

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 December 2019

Dear Ms. Baby,

The Court shall not give any date for proceeding u/s 13 (B)(ii) HMA i.e. for filing and proceessing second motion of MCD. It is open for the parties to the suit to file for MCD within 18 months of First Motion (under section 13 (B)(i) HMA) or not. The Court has no power to dismiss your petition u/s 13 (B)(i) i.e., FIRST MOTION which is already allowed.

In simple words BOTH the parties are required (at their own) to move fresh petition for second motion after 6 months but within 18 months of passing order on the petition of first motion of MCD.

It is better to consult your lawyer or some other local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts,  proper guidance and proceeding.

However, if you are located in Delhi and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) with relevant records at: Chamber No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075  Cell # 9891152939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com or visit at: vakil-saab.com

Best wishes

Baby   01 December 2019

Thanks sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register