30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prachi Singh   11 October 2018

husband force to leave the job

hi i am prachi singh 29year old married woman. i am living in delhi since i did marriage. this is our love marriage which conducted in arya samaj without consent his parents but i lived alone here coz my husband is a govt employee so his job in his hometown. before marriage i have few condition which i already told him and he was agree before marriage. but after completed three year he wants that i become housewife. also his parents not allowed me to stay in their house. he also claim that i am not interested to live with him. i dont know what happen with him. also use abusive language for me. pls give advise


 7 Replies

Prachi Singh   11 October 2018

he is also give threatening that after few month he will file a divorce case. i dont want divoce. i just want live with my husband happly. his family always give threatening that if u come in that home we will kill you or there is nothing for u here. go to your hometown or do your job also. we dont need of yourself. even they r looking a bride of my husband on his hometown. my husband is always saying." job chhod do agr mere sath rahena hai ni to divorce lelo" pls tell me if i left my job how would i maintain my expense coz my husband still not paying one rupree from the marriage to today's date. how can i sure he will not give another fraud as he did before. he agree my all condition before marriage but now hw is showing attitute. pls give some advise.

Siddharth Jain   11 October 2018

if your husband is not paying you any money and you are unable to maintain yourself a petition under section 125 CrPC can be filed in order to seek maintenance for you.

If he is subjecting you to so much cruelty, it is better to get a decree of divorce from him by way of mutual consent between the two of you.

If you leave your job you will be at greater risk as he doesn't want you to have money so that you can take any action against him.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com
1 Like

Martin S.   11 October 2018

Love marriage???

Prachi Singh   12 October 2018

thanks siddharth

Prachi Singh   12 October 2018

thanks siddharth

Prachi Singh   12 October 2018

i saw many artical like working and educated wife is not eligible for any maintainace. that why i am afraid.

Prachi Singh   12 October 2018

i am so mentaly harrased now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query