LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aashish Pawar   17 March 2019

Huge monetary damage due to fire at neighbourly showroom

We have an urgent enquiry situation...would really appreciate your kind response

My sister has a hospital adjucent to a furniture showroom... yesterday the showroom caught an accidental fire which spread to few rooms in the hospital too....the fire completely charred down many very expensive hospital equipments...

The equipment s or hospital was not insured.

Can we claim the damage fully from the showroom owner in below cases:

1) the showroom was not insured

2) the showroom was insured.....in this case, is the insurer liable to pay my sister for damages?

In case of insurance...who gets the precedent in settling the claim..the owner or the surroundings? I am asking because if sum insured is say 10 crore but the owner of showroom claims losses of say 15 crore and my sister claims say 50 lacs...how the proportion of settlement executes?

Thank you very much.

Further should we already file a case of damage against the showroom right away or let the insurance thing get clear....please reply asap.

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   17 March 2019

U have right to claim compensation for the negligence of show room owner. due to negligence the fire has spread and damages sustained to Ur sister .Ur sister insured or not is not considered so u file civil suit for damages.u issue legal notice &wait for reply if he denies file suit for recovery of damages .

Aashish Pawar   17 March 2019

thank you Shashi ji

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register