LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (hhhlili)     27 January 2018

HUF or individual

Hi Experts, Need your help. Recently three years back my father expired with out Will and I acquired one of his property (self earned and not Heir) through partition deed. Now I want to sell the same. 1)Will this be considered as HUF or individual? 2) If HUF then do I need to get approval from court as I have two daughters who are still minors. Please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 January 2018

Joint family may be created or its property augmented by individual property thrown into common hotchpot. Any gift or a Will may also create or augment the property of joint family, if the donor or testator, as the case may be, expresses clearly that the donee/ beneficiary will not have absolute right over the property but will receive the same as joint family property as the karta of such joint family.

kumar (hhhlili)     31 January 2018

Sir, Do not understand anything. May i request you to explain me in a layman terminology. 

1.Will my property be treated as HUF property when i got it from my fatehr's self acquired property via Partition deed?

2. If answer is yes to first question then do i need to get an approval from court to sell the property as my children are minor's

Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register