Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagpal Singh (xyz)     30 August 2012

How will the court view fil's statement?

Marriage solemnized in May 2010

FIR registered u/s 498a/406/34 in March 2011.

Chargesheet submitted in Dec 2011

Statement given by father in law u/s 161 that he gave 55 tola gold in the marriage and stated that his wife who expired 26 years ago left that gold.  Also he said that he was happy with his daughter marriage so he never felt of taking any pictures or receipts of that jewelry given in the marriage.

Can you please advise how the court will view the above statement and if there is any substance that court will believe him?

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     30 August 2012

you can always emphasize on proof of ownwership of gold by father in law . You have to prove that so much of gold was never given . Court needs evidence to belive in statements if you produce evidence that so much gold was never given . It will change the complexion of the case.

jagpal Singh (xyz)     30 August 2012

Thanks, that is fine that  the burden of proof is on FIL that the 55 tola gold was given to me as he may stand fake witnesses in the court who will lie but then we can always cross them.  But from where I get the evidences about the non existent  55 tola gold which was never given to me. The marriage video clip shows only a couple of ornaments and those all were taken while wife left home. Basically we are on the soup for those things which were never given or demanded by me or my parents. I also filed a few complaints to CP and senior police officials and CAW Cell regarding taking away jewelry while she left home     

Now please advise briefly so that I can rebuttal the case properly.

Regards

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2012

The onus of proof is on you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register