Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaberi Das   05 May 2023

How to transfer shares held under the name of my late husband to my demat account

Recently I am in possession of 200 physical shares of Golkunda Diamonds & Jewellery Limited, held under my late husband's name. I have called and emailed the Golkunda office several times,  since 1 March 2023, to enable the process of transferring the above mentioned shares to me, his wife and legal heir. However they have not sent any reply to my mail  and on calling they keep on disconnecting the call at their will, after asking me to hold.

Please suggest what I can do and what immediate steps I can take in this case to revive the shares.

Attached is the proof of the mails I have sent in the recent past. 

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2023

Instead of calling them over phone and by sending email correspondence, yoiu may better visit their office in person with the details of the shares and other documents, namely, the death certificate, NOC from other olegal mheirs, a legal heirhsip certificate, your identity card and any other detils that you tjhink that would be worth enough to carry with you. 

Documentation to be Submitted

The documents that need to be submitted for the transfer of shares to family members vary according to the total amount of the securities at hand.

If the total value of the securities is less than Rs. 5 lakhs, then the legal heir must submit any (or a few) of the following documents:

• Copy of family settlement deed
  • Death certificate of the deceased account holder
  • Affidavit
  • No objection certificate from every legal heir involved
  • Notarised letter of indemnity
  • If the total value of the securities is more than Rs. 5 lakhs, then the legal heir must submit any (or a few) of the following documents:
  • Copy of the will of the deceased account holder
  • Succession certificate
  • Letter of administration

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register