LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv_lodha (zz)     28 May 2011

How to stop police from harassing

Posted this topic in some different thread 1st, but stil in want of necessary advice:

Wife facing divorce case (cruel to hubby). Gave taste of 498a/406 Police complaint+ DV etc. to husband’s party. Fortunately hubby n family escaped in both so far.

She now putting all possible police complaints trying to harass in-laws. Even SSP of the distt in his enquiry found no material fact in her complaints. She & her family are a big DRAMA, she moved to DIG saying ‘Police at that city is hand in glove with my inlaws & they have favoured them due to political approach’. DIG got erection seeing ABLA NAARI & marked enquiry to SP of adjacent distt. under him.

Now the query is— all the matters of family dispute are sub-judice, husband & his parents are made to run from one city police to another to prove their innocence besides facing court dates also. She is ruining them financially/exhausting them too. She will keep on raising dis-satisfaction over manner of enquiry till the result suits her (arrest of in laws in any possible case). Is there any legal way to stop police from asking the innocent ppl to report to them in far away cities... participate in THEIR investigation..... then same statements-recording..... submitting proofs........ the sword keeps on hanging till the case is filed........... once again the circle repeates!!

Can we send some legal notice or other way out?


 10 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 May 2011


@ Author

1. If boys family have all the proofs of “high handedness of police personals and system” then file a WRIT seeking direction from HC against such and such police officers. That is the only remedy left.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 May 2011

Your lawyer who is handling the case and has examined all documents can help you a lot.

If the police has made any of your family member to sit in police station for long or repeatedly your family or relative can shoot a telegramme to high court.The high court taked due notice of such matters and SHO and commissioner have to reply.

You can send emails to police comissioner, state homeminister, on the harrassment being faced by you.

later you can use them for RTI.

Kindly consult your lawyer before intiating any action.


If police officers do anything illegal / harass you, you can approach Human Rights Commission preferably with valid evidence

Advocate M.Bhadra   29 May 2011

File a complaint to the Human Rifht Commission against the police authority and also file a Writ petition to the High Court on residury ground for over action of the Police authority.

pujols20 (Techie)     29 May 2011

Please lodge a complaint immediately to president of india link given below.

Also send the same complaint copies to CM,Homeministry SP, DSP and senior police officals in your area.

You should start filing RTI to police asking why they are harassing you and get the reasons behind it.

4 Like


Pujols is right!

Dont avoid this police harassment, the more you succumb to it, the more encouragement they will get to torture you. Believe me, they keep torturing you till they find you docile and innocent!...

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     29 May 2011

Thank you! Pujols 20. Very useful information and web link is provided for needy people. 

A. Sulochana (Advocate)     30 May 2011

You can file Direction Petition before the High Court not to harass U/S 482 of Cr..P.C with your reasons. 

You know very well, Your problem is an common one in our society. Do not worry.

This is possible one to get the Order from High Court.

Approach any Advocate or file the Petition as Party-in-person. You will be feel free.


You can also use writs under Articles 226 and 227 (of the constitution) for such exceptional issues of police harassment. These can b used in HC only.


great info, pujols20

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register