Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkat (SE)     17 April 2011

How to serve injunction granted when the address is wrong?

Hi all, I and my family are peacefully living in a house for the last 10 years. Suddenly one person whom we shall call as Mr.X came to our house and caliming that he has GPA from a person who sold the land to us. So, he is asking us to vacate our home. Immediately we approached a lawyer and he advised us to go for injunction. Now the problem is though the temporary injunction is granted, our lawyer is not able to serve notice to Mr.X, because the address he gave in the GPA is not complete address. It is clearly understood that Mr.X is playing game to avoid notice getting served.

We have spent more than 50K for filing injunction and don't know how to let him know the injunction legally. Can any experts advice me please? Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     17 April 2011

You may take the permission of the court for subsituated service by publication of the notice of injuction in a leading news paper, circulating in the neigbour-hood. If you have the full name and some other details of the person, independently engage a detective agency to locate him. Does the General POA contains his PAN Number! - in such case, you can find out his adress through PAN query .

Vasudevan

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 April 2011

file an application for substitute service i.e., paper publication of summons

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     24 April 2011

You can file an application for substituted service before teh Court and with the permission of the Court, teh summon can be published in news paper.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register