LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Shukla (Teacher)     20 April 2015

How to rectify problem done by former advocate

I am the defendant in a civil case and based on the suggestions of my former advocate I had earlier submitted a Written Statement (in fact it was majorly written by him with small inputs from me).

Now just before my cross examination, this advocate had excused himself citing poor health. While searching for another advocate I discovered that the Written Statement is filled with very poor case analysis and in fact many statements can be held against me. Such is the situation that it is better if there was no Written Statement on my behalf. There is therefore clear indication that this advocate had been compromised.

Now what are the avenues open to me?

1. Can I ask the court to totally disregard the Written Statement and evaluate my examination-in-chief instead, as this has not been submitted yet?

2. Any other advices? 


 1 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     20 April 2015

if it is not submitted then you can change it first right all the points and show to another lawyer whom you prefer and then take his suggestions and also take NOC from your previous lawyer and new lawyer will submit the corrected written statement and before submitting let you see the ws and if everything is right then tell him to submit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register