LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     22 November 2008

How to Make Our Legal System powerful

How to Make Our Legal System powerful? Provide your valuable comments here.

Learning

6 Replies

Shyla (Student)     22 November 2008

Sir,

I not being a lawyer but a stdnt of cls 12 n m gonna give my COMMON LAW ADMISION TEST.

So i woud jus like to say that we should stop CORRUPTION.Maybe u can find this point irrelevant.But according to me it must be done 2 make anything powerful.

With Regards,

Shyla

Manish Singh (Advocate)     23 November 2008

Sir, i think bar council should also keep close watch on law colleges to keep the standards & in case of default (as usually seen and prevalant) stern action needs to be taken. 

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     23 November 2008

It depends on several fcators. Legislature excutive and judiciary - prosecution- investigation, Advocay, politics - social NGO's etc etc .  what else

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     23 November 2008

Judges strength must be increased in proportionate to the population.  We are still following the norms fixed few decades back.  If judges strengths are increased and lower courts are increased the pendency gets down.  If the pendency comes down the judges can spend more time to see that the judicial orders are implemented. 

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     24 November 2008

Indian Express - dated 24th november 08- bombay edition-page no 5

Kochi: Union Defence Minister Mr A.K.Anthony on sunday said that the Centre was planning to increase the strength of Judges in the Supreme Court and High Courts and legislation in this regard was in the offing.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     25 December 2008

We  have enough judges, enough courts. Any lawyer going to courts knows that effective work in a court is hardly for a few hours. There are very few judges who sits in court for even 5-6 hours. If the judges cannot sit for full day, there is no ground for increasing the number of judges.

The fundamental problem is frivolous litigation. Every petition/application must be decided with "cost". The party filing frivolous petition or the party denying rightful claim of other person must bear the cost. And the cost must be real cost of litigation.

Sometime i read "exemplary cost of 10,000/-" by high courts. It appears that indian judiciary doesnot know how much a petition cost. Once real cost will be imposed, frivolous litigation will reduce, and the courts will have enough time for real disputes.

Another thing required is privatisation of registry of various courts.

Can you imagine, every court gives time to litigants at 10 in the morning. The advocate is waiting for whole day for the case to be called up. Whether the registry is aware of the fact that the litigant has to bear the cost of waiting time of advocates. Whay cant the registry give different time to different cases, so that waiting time is reduced, and thereby cost of the litigants. But the registry doesnt want to develop a system. If they cant develop the system, they should be replaced by private agencies, who are ready to provide better services at lesser cost.

Judiciary has to understand that it exist to serve people.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register