Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen   11 October 2021

How to make irresponsible father to help?

Dear Experts,

My name is Praveen, Hindu, belong to Scheduled Caste, from Chennai, aged 35, married, have a 6 year old son. My father is a retired Deputy Director, from Central Government and my mother is a retired Typist from State Government both are living in our native village in Tamil Nadu after their retirement. 

My father had never shown any interest on me since my childhood days onwards, he even dint help me in studies. He made me to study in a Gov. college for UG which i hate the most. Its my mother helped me to achieve MBA. Because of Inter-Caste marriage problem and no support to live after marriage from my family, the job which i get as an MBA fresher is not helpful to lead my family after marriage. So i have decided to go for upper studies without disturbing parents and found scholarship for Pilot Training from Indian government and received it by 2010.

Due to marriage fixing problems and caste discrimination issue in the institute, am not able to focus and complete the course and came back in 2014 and got married and tried to start a small business. By 2017, i have received a call from the institute, asked to come back and complete the course, so again I went back and restarted, this time the problem of caste discrimination is at the peak, I have made complaints to National Commission for Schedule Castes and ignored. I wanted to complete the course at any cost. During this period, my mother and my wife have supported for family needs and to complete the course. 

My father he gave me a worst UG college days and went away from my life and I even stopped talking with him after then for years. Around 2019, am about to complete the course, COVID pandemic started and till now not able to complete the course. Now slowly situation coming back to normal, i wanted to finish the course, my father in any terms not helping me, to complete the course, my wife took me a loan, she lost her job due to the pandemic, my mother she is already helping my elder sister for her family needs with her pension. For my sister too my father dint arrange a good life. My mother's PF money of around 30 lakhs, father's sister have taken saying some illegal money is coming, will give you back 2 crores and not returning the money for about 2 years till date. My mother also couldn't even help me.

In this tough situation too, my father not helping me, there were properties worth crores earned by my grandfather(part registered in the name of grandmother, part registered in the name of grandfather) he even transferred all the properties to his name and sold most of the properties without our concern. He dint even earn a single property during his earnings. His earnings during his work, his PF amount close to Rs.1 crore, money after selling the properties, his pension of about Rs.75,000, no family members knows what happened to these money. I doubt if he would have given some money to his pet, my elder brother. When enquired with his friend, he says that he spend most of the money in gambling.

Now i seek the advice of the experts, what can i do in this situation? I wanted to complete the course, there were job opportunities gradually coming, no age problem for the course to complete or could manage a job even. I dont have any option now expecting the help from my irresponsible father. I asked him through my mother politely and also roughly, no use. Can I file a case against him for the maintenance till i complete the course or getting a job? Am I eligible to demand help from my dad at this age or at this situation or do i have rights to claim the grandfather's property? or any better suggestions!

Please advice! Thank you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register