LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod S M (Student)     28 September 2011

How to launch a website

I want to launch a social networking site with two of my friends. Please someone brief me about the registration process and the legalities.

1.Wil it be covered by both the Companies Act and Indian IT Act?

2.Does owning a website comes under a firm or a company?


 3 Replies

kandaswamy (Advocate)     28 September 2011

no it will not come under any law, if you need to start with your friends first put patnership deed and register under company law

1 Like

Anumita Sarkar (Tax Advisor/Litigator)     28 September 2011

incorporate a company by registering under the Register of companies. For details i refer you to go thru where you would get details perrtaining to incorporation of company and filing certain forms with ROC. Consult a lawyer/CA firm as they deal with company matters.

1 Like

Sajid (Auditor)     29 September 2011

  • It is your choice to firm , the Partnership Firm, or
  • Company, like Private Limitied Co.,  or Public Limited Co.,  if you want to pool the money from public , you have to opt for Public Limited Company, and it should be registered with the Company's registerar.
  • Partnership Firm registeration is with the Sales Tax Department of the concerned state.
  • Both the Partnership Firm, Sole Proprietor and Companies are covered to Indian Income Tax Act.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register