Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (SSE)     02 January 2014

How to know whether selling land not belongs to waqf land

Dear sir/madam,

My uncle has gifted a land in the Kottapet area of Hyderabad to her daughters(3 daughters and youngest is my wife) and the time of registration, a broker had taken some extra money saying that there are some cases on the land and said that the land belongs to wakf land and needs to get the clearance.

after paying the said amount to the broker, the registration process is done. and now I am planning to sell this property through the same broker and he is telling that the wakf case is not cleared so I cannot sell.

I don't know what to do? can you please suggest how can I know the property belongs to wakf?

Thanks in advance

Srinivas

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 January 2014

was the land not in your uncles name , if no then how he gifted the land and get it registered in sub registrar office , if yes the land was in his name then where from the question arise of wakf property , check detail of the land see the khatauni or mutation papers it will make clear the title of the property take help of a lawyer or patwari of your area .

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     02 January 2014

if the property in question is said to be the waqf property,either it should be registered in the state waqf board,revenue record,registration of sub registrar office or a registered dedication in favour of almighty or alal-aulaad etc be enquired.

srinivas (SSE)     02 January 2014

Thanks very much Sir for your information.

the property is registered in my uncle name in 1997.

I attached a snippet of the Gift Registration document to my wife, where it is stating that it does not belongs to any of the govt or waqf land and so.

but still the broker is threatening us that we cannot sell.

so by with the attached clause, does it mean that the land has no issues/disputes or cases.

Also yesterday I have taken the Encumbrance certificate on the land and I see My uncle name(previous owner, registration done in 1997) and my wife name(current owner, registration done in 2013).

if its a waqf land, do we see an entry in EC?

thanks

Attached File : 507823886 rc-page4.png downloaded: 343 times

ahmed (document writer)     02 January 2014

dear Sir 

If there is question of wakf land you can obtain copy of Gazette of Wakf Land  i.e. the list of Wakf Properties in the state of AP from the Wakf board situated at nampally, Hyderabad or you can obtain NOC from the Wakf Board 

Kaushik Nandy   23 September 2023

Sir,

If any property is registerde in state Waqf board register and no information like plot details, Mutuwalli name ,wakif name, Inspection details, notification details is available at Waqf Board and at the same time property is registerd in other name and duly recorded and digitized in State regsitartion office, Land record office and local municipal corporation in other private ownership name then can the property be treated as wakf proeprty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register