LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MD.SIRAJUDDIN (SUPERINTENDENT)     23 September 2009

HOW TO GET PROPERTY TRANSFERRED IN MY NAME

I belong to muslim community. I am working in the Central Gvernement on a gazeetted post. My father expired during 1998. He was also a Govt servant. I am the lone son to my parents and there are no sisters too. There is a house situated in Hyderabad which is still in the name of my father. I am having two children one daughter and one son. Daughter has got married and my son is a student. I want to apply for study loan from a nationalised bank for whcih the bank manager is asking for property surity. I donot have any property in my name. My mother is still alive. Can I transfer this house in my name if so what is the proceedure. Whether legal heir certificate is very much neccessary for transferring the house from my fathers name to my name. My mother is getting family pension of my father. My father did not marry a second wife at any time. What are the essential documents to be attached for getting my house transferred in my name. How about the personal law of muslims will have important rule in such matters. What is the form of agreement to be signed for transfer. Whether gift registry can be done by my mother in my name. Is there any known lawer in Hyderabad city who deals such cases.

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     23 September 2009

U CAN CALL AND MEET US

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 September 2009

Ur mother is sharer in your father's property.  One thing u can do that u can get transfer ur mother's share by way of oral gift, this is permitted in Mohd., law.

U will have to obtain the survivor certificate by the Tahasildar of your city, Then u follow the above said procedure after entered u and ur mother's name to the property.

VIMALA ASHOK (professional)     23 September 2009

Susequent to the death of your father, u r mother and you become joint owners of the said property. You can get a registered Gift Deed executed by your mother in your favour to the extent of her share or else to avail a bank loan make your mother C0-Borrower .

Vimala AShok

Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register