LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya (Senior Engg.)     09 March 2019

How to get information on property before buying

If I want to buy property through middle man, how do I know if property is in good shape on paper.. i.e., it has no loan, it is not disputed, it is not being sold to multiple people, the witness in signing agreement is authentic


 4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   09 March 2019

With paperscontact civil advocate who is eminent in property law.u take 1)12yrs e.c fromsubregistrar office.2)past sale deeds from seller.3)if agricultural land partition deed registered.4)khata in sellers name

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 March 2019

When you are investing huge amounts of hard earned money, do not hesitate to spend paltry amount for legal opinion on property.  Let the decision be taken by a professional.

The simple advice is check for  DEVIL T.

Documents including link document

Encumberance certificate for twelve years showing various past transactions.


If insurance is done the value shown in the policy

Legal opinion

Tax paid receipts to check for the mutation in the name of the owner.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 March 2019

Middleman - is he the PoA or just an agent?

Aditya (Senior Engg.)     09 March 2019

Just agent

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register