LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

how to get copy of court judgement

Page no : 2

DR.SANAT KUMAR DASH (Eye Specialist)     17 September 2010

BONNDGAL 2010........PLEASE        CLARIFY........WHETHER      email      can   be    sent       to     the     COURT     with     what      amount    of    POSTAL   ORDER      to   get   the      CERTIFIED   COPY    of   the   JUDGMENT/ ORDER??


Email at Bombay High Court. Registrar will tell you what amount to send through postal order. High Courts are expensive but this will save you the trouble of going to the counter. High courts also want ID proof[Voter ID etc]. Send the Crossed postal order {CROSSED) in favor of AR(Copying), or you send a Rs 100/- postal orders and registar will write to send excess amount after which you'll get the certified copy. Supreme Court is very inexpensive and they do not ask for ID proof. Hope this satifies. Go to Feeback button after clicking it you'll get the email of the High Court concerned.You'll save on fuel. File a contempt case,not Mandamus Certriori etc. What actually they are you'll know from US Supreme Court site. A blanket statement "Issue a write of Mandumas,certriori etc " is rejected in courts all over the world. Lower Court refers to higher courts for contempt or you can directly file a contempt in Higher court.


Since lowr court is involved their should be provision for getting a certified copy of the order.

Adesh Kumar Sharma (Senior Associate Lawyer)     17 September 2010

My dear friend you can approach only that court, which passed the order. High Court has nothing to do with the certified copy of the Lower Court. So you approach the registry of the lower court where the traffic court is located.


Jayashree (Engineer)     07 January 2012

HI , we had a case, where in my dad had signed as gurantor for someone..Bank had not sent any notification o0t us or to the person who has taken laon.my dad passed away in the year 2008 and mom had to create the account in the same office branch to get the pension amount. once she created the account. Bank has freased the account and we were not able to take the amount. then we asked the Bank Manger that when the loan taken person is alive and working why r u freasing our amount. we had fights with them then they issued a legal notice for both of us. We hired a lawyter. the person who had taken laon did not take the summons and was absent for all hearings,. then judge gave the judgment.BUt our lawayer has not taken the judgemnt copy yet its been one month and fooling us saying he will take this week next week.. I dnt know the procedure of taking the judgemt copy. And also please advise is there any law to issue a arrest warranty for that guy who is roaming without any issue all around and we are suffering for it..we presume that our lawyer has taken money from the bank and deliberatly lost the case. Please advise what could be aour next step to get our money back. 


I would alo like to tell the these kind of forums for common is very useful. Hope to get the speedy reply. 

Jayashree (Engineer)     08 January 2012

Please advise

P. Rajesh Henry (Manager)     09 January 2012

how to get copy of court judgement from a family court

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 January 2012

Dear Jayashree,


Go to the concerned court and apply in the facilitation center for the certified copy of the judgement by citing case no. and affixing stamp of necessary amount


It is a simple procedure, when you reach facilitation center, you would be guided.





Shonee Kapoor


csaikat (Sr Officer)     29 August 2013

Hi Mr. Shonee

Any document required to be shown to identify your credentials before the copy is given to you?

How long does it take to get the order?

Can the individual go in person to get the copy or needs to be accompanied by an advocate?

Thank You...

Adv. Neha ( )     29 September 2013

First of all get certified copy of the order passed and then do the needful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads