LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Baby   03 December 2019

How to extend cooling period from 6 mnths to 18 mnths in mcd

Me and my wife file MCD in Aug 2019 court has given second date for Feb 2020 for second motion.I havent prepare my mind for divorce I need some more time to think on the same.I have already paid all the money which we have settled before filling MCD during first motion.I have understood that cooling period can be extended upto 18 months.Help is required on following points
1) What reason i can give to court to seek extension of time from 6 months to 18 months
2) what is the better option From the following 
Option 1- Remain absent on the court dates till 18 months.In this case does court has power to dismiss the first motion due to continues absence before 18 months or court will wait till 18 months to dismiss the petetion
Option 2- Attend the court on asked date and request for extension of time till 18 months.In this case what reason i can give to court for time extension. Will wife side can raise any objection on my extension request.In this case how court take up matter

Learning

2 Replies

Baby   03 December 2019

Dear Sir

Your expert opinion required 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     05 December 2019

After six months period or after waiver of six months, if parties have been unable to resolve their differences, they will have to appear in the Court again. Statement of parties would be recorded again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register