Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanni (business)     23 October 2013

How to check pending criminal case

sir/madam about three years ago I went to city with my two friends.We missed our last bus so we were searching a hotel.suddenly two constable came to us and asked a bribe saying that it is late night  and you can\'t roam.when we refused to give they took us to chauki.from there after asking our address they took us to a another big chauki(police station).where we meet to a police officer and explained all codition.He was satisfied but he said that because it is late night so they can't leave us and in early morning they left us after taking our three years have passed how can I know that have they registered any case or not against us


 8 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     23 October 2013

there would be no action, otherwise you might be called by court. even you can confirm through RTI.

1 Like

sanni (business)     23 October 2013

how can i file rti in this case .plz suggest sir I will be very grateful to you till my whole life as I am very tensed about it.plzzz sir

Aashish George (lawyer)     23 October 2013

if you remember the chowki, or the big police station, go to it, as you enter you will see the names of the officers along with public dealing officers, RTI can be filed anywhere in the state and they will transfer the said RTI to the concerned area (you will get a letter stating that they are transferring the RTI to the concerned area) and you will eventually get the response you seek, next, google the RTI format before you post your next query as to what is the format!


aashish george

1 Like

sanni (business)     23 October 2013

sir actually I remember police station name but it is far away from my home state and situated in a another state.should i have to go there to file rti.and sir one more question can i ask about any pending case in the whole district sending application to district s.p.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     23 October 2013

Dear sanni don't worry 3 years had passed you didn't get the summons yet from court , It means no case was registered against you therefore no need to file any RTI , be happy.
1 Like

sanni (business)     24 October 2013

thank you all for your precious responces.

but sir i want to know that why did they take sign of it a rule???

sanni (business)     24 October 2013

sir why did they take sign of us at the time of release

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     24 October 2013

Only to scared you , nothing more than that .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register