LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit (executive)     04 December 2012

How to change name in property.



My mother own a property in Delhi. She bought this property in 1975 before marriage. She got married in 1979.

My father was expired in 1990. I don't have any proof for her maiden name and for marriage proof I have wedding card only.

I have few query regarding that

1) Property is on my Mother Maiden name. I want to change it on mother post marriage name.

2) She want to have WILL in favour of me and my brother. We donot have sister.

3) I want to know how to proceed further to sell the house in below mentioned two condition.

Option 1. While she is alive.

Option2. How to transfer property after her.



 2 Replies

ankur tripathi (Asst Manager)     08 December 2012

in her presence u will mearly have to sell it and share the money or will have to follow the stamp duty registration procedure and need to prepare the transfer agreement and after he a will will work out to get the same transferred in ur and ur brothers name .... 

Sreenivas.T (Assistant Manager )     10 December 2012

Hi, Myself and my brother combined acquired one property. we both contributed equally and taken the property. But the document was prepared in my brothers name. Its a land property. Still the land is vacant and no construction took place. My doubt is that - in future my brother ditches me and take whole of the land. I am overseeing the situation tomorrow, so before that, what step I can take to resolve the issue imacably. please give a solution which should not hurt any body involved.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query