LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


How can i save my wife and marriage ?

I am bringing this matter in front of you all and looking forward for best solutions. I got married after 8 months long love relationship; we got married without the consent of our parents. We both are Muslim. I am 26 year old MTA graduate working in an Event management company in Cochin as Business Development Manager. She was working for an E-Mail marketing company and she is 23. We presented our matter to both the families and my family are ready for an alliance as she was in good harmony with my family. But her family rejects this siting social status.

We tried our level best to convince them but they were not ready to listen to us. She took a stand like she wants me and her family too. But they were not ready to accept us. They tried to kill our relationship all the possible means.  We have decided to get married. She was the one arranged everything for the marriage. Finally she came out of her house and we went to Chennai, from there we got married as per shari-ath-law and the same has registered in District registration office. On 21st of April 2015.

Her family played a very big drama and we came back to Cochin as per their request that they will agree to our marriage. They gave that assurance to both of us, so I dropped her back at her home.

Now her family blocked all the possible ways for me to contact her. her family members regularly demanding me to give divorce for the same they are threatening me.

I want her back in my life. There is nothing in front of me other than her. I love her that much and I am sure that she can’t forget me or live without me. Her family is imposing pressure on her and her mother acting like she is mad. Since 29 th of April 2015, I do not have any information about her.

She is little attached to her dad and she requested me not to involve court and police in this matter, but now I am worried about her safety my safety and about our relationship. They will do anything to kill our relationship.

Please help me to get rid of this. I am looking for a solution without hurting her and her family but it should safe guard our interest to live together. I have solid proofs like Original Certificates, photographs, phone call recordings, messages, chats, screen shots etc. to back my points. 


 9 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     07 May 2015

Dear Querist

legally you have two option one is police and second is court.


if you are ready to take legal action then there is no other optiuon you have except the above.


file a complaint before DM/SDM for search warrant and recover your wife from them.


or file a writ petition before High Court against them and get protection and recover your wife, but if your wife is not ready to support you then nobody can do anything for you.


I understad the situation  in which you both are living.  Rishad no one can any one stop you getting married or living together since you both are adult. But question is how to resolve without seeking legal recourse or lodging police complaint is important as suggested by your wife for not lodging complaint.  However, I suggest:

1]  Ask your nearest relatives to approach their parents/ relatives to convince that you are now adult and have freedom to think of your future.

2]   There are Human Rights Forums which resolve such problems through mediation. Find out at your region or her region.  They will send intimation to her  parent for meeting for mediation.  

3]   If she can come out, she can also approach to Womens'  Grievance Redressal Forum in her visinicyt.

4]  If above is not possible, some lice & court mediation is essential.

Hope I could convince you

Adv.Jeevan Patil, Mumbai


In addition tothe above 2 experts, I would like to put in my views as follows:

1.U have married as per the shariat law and the marriage has been registered. UR inlaws cannot reject the marriage certificate.

2. How could U believe them so blindly and send UR wife to their house.

3. As a precautionery measure approach the police station the place where they are staying and inform them either written or orally, that they have not allowed to meet UR wife,also enclose a copy of the marriage certificate.Nothing wrong in it.

4. Be sure that they have not brain washed UR wife during this time, to break the marriage.It is a possibility.

5.As a last resort involve third party mediation for amicable settlement.Let us hope this will succeed.


Now when both of U are muslims and well employed, why were UR inlaws admant to agree for the marriage.

shaiksadhik   07 May 2015


my name is shaik sadhik i am married on 26/12/2014 and my wife name is aaisha

she is call to her brotherilla on my first nite i see it and tell to my mother and my mother tell to her mom who call to aaisha why he says ree we won't want to call him she's mom says ok i will tell her after one day we go her home for zummagi that time i am goto hyd for stenographer exam and i return to home that evening and i am call to her number was busy and i will countinuly call her for 1/2 our number was busy after number was resived by my wife i am says why your mobile was busy she tell me i will cal you and you also call me then mobile was busy and iam go to home and check her mobile she once again call him i ask why you call him she says why he don't come marraige i am ask for.

she  goes so many time her home when she go to her home she dont come with me and she diffnetly stay her mother home 1or2 months i will adjust and took her back ondy i found in my notes she wrote she had already a boy friend and she had s*xvally connection also

she also found my lover name and my name in my notes  she behaviou in my home when she wants to go her home she cuttted her hand with blead and i want go to my home right now othervies i will die and broke her bangles i dont stay here so many times she go her home she behav like this and ok i will adjust and when i go to her home to took her back she says i don't come with you.what ever i adjust when she wants to back i was go back i took her back.she tarcher me s*xvally also.if i want s*x with her then she says i don't if u want i will cray loudly and after onday once again i am ask she behave like that after 10 day she accept me on one month she accept me only three times only

now i had a five months baby

she go her mother home for three days sleep i am also go with her after three days i am ask her come with me she says no i do not come with you ok now i am taking it serious 

can muslim man marriage another women without giving divors to first wife or give me a suggistion what i am do now


Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 May 2015

To make a long story short, you have to file habeas corpus writ petition in the High Court for bringing her into court from the illegal custody of her parents and send her along with you.  In the court, at the questioning of the judges, if she says that she would like to go along with you, no one can stop her to be with you.


Sadhik, U have to post UR query in a new thread for assistance

Thank you very much for all your reply. Still I do not know how to deal with it. I want her in my life. Can I anyway bring this matter infront of any third party other than Police and court ?. Human Right forum is a good option i guess. But are they (her family) legally bound to produce her infront of the forum ?. Is anybody ready to help me in this regard. My contact number is 09544800513. Thank You very much for all. I really appreciate this forum you are doing a wonderful job here. Thank you

Soman (Dy Manager)     09 May 2015

A third party can only discuss with your wife's parents. Her parents are not obliged to listen or change their stand.

The better way is to approach the court as Adv. Chandrasekhar advised before being too late. Police can be influenced by her family, but not the court. How long do you think she would withhold their pressure?

You want her in your life, act now. Good Luck.


digvijay   09 May 2015

as u r his husband n u have all the proofs then u can go to the police n let them know that her family is not letting u meet ur wife. d nxt option is court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query