hindu succession law 1956

R/sir, this is my friend's problem his name is Nikhil his father was government servant and he died 7 yr ago he was having one younger brother and one sister. After his father's death his sister ran with her Muslim boyfriend. My friend and his family worries can his sister claims her fathers property. My friend lodged missing complain in police station when she ran. What Hindu succession law 1956 says ?
legal advisor

if your father had died intestate then she is entitled  to get a equal share along with the other legal heirs


Retired employee.

The blood remains the same, whether she is a Hindu or converted to other religion.  She is certainly entitled for her share of property, if your father is intestate.  However the right is limited only to her and not to her children.


What is the status of the missing complaint? As a daughter she has a claim over her father's property along with the others.U cannot deny her right.She can surface any time and stake her claim. In Law there is no distinction between son and daughter in property matters,each of them share equally.


Yes, being a legal heir to the deceased father, she is legally entitled to a share in the intestate property and she can claim it anytime in her life time. 


yes ,you eligible to  get  your rights.......as other experts says

vedanarayanan v   madras high court 

Attached File :
  • downloaded 29 times

    Daughter has equal right on father's property, her marriage to any one from other religion does. Not deprive her of her legal rights




    Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

    Click here to Login / Register  


      Search Forum

    IPC Grand Course     |    x