LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghava (n/a)     03 February 2008

Hindu Succession Act

Is it true,  a father is allowed to write his self aquired property to his son alone. Then what about unmarried and married daughter's position as per Hindu succession act.Do they have any share on father's self aquired property ? Please clarify my doubt.. Request..



 4 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     03 February 2008

It is wrong to state that the Hindu male can write the self acquired property to his son alone ignoring his daughter. A Hindu male can effect transfer of his self acquired property even to any third person during his life time. He can transfer the property to his daughter ignoring his son too. His son does not have any right to claim over the property during the life time of the father. In case the Hindu male dies intestate then his widow, sons and daughters all have equal share in the property.

Raghava (n/a)     04 February 2008

Sri Prakash,

Thanks for clarifying my doubt. I have still small doubt about Self aquired propery and Ancestral propery, since the amendment on Succession Act  taken place during year 2005  favouring daughters to equal share with sons. Changes applicable to all states sir,......

 Sorry to trouble you little bit..


anupam_advocate (n/a)     13 February 2008

sons and daughters all have equal share in the property.

Rathnakar P V (civil engineer)     30 November 2008

Sir, How does it , works in case if a person adopts Both Male And Female child, and denies the adoption  of female child( The School records proves other wise),And writes a WILL ( In Favour of Adopted son and grand sons) and Dies.And The Property is not OWN but INHERITED from his wife side?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register