Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NARESH . K . WADHIA (MAINTENANCE ENGINEER )     28 May 2011

HELP TO SENIOR CITIZEN .

DEAR  SIR ,

In  my  native  place  GUJARAT , DIST : JUNAGADH, TALUKA : MANGROL , VILLAGE : SHIL , there  is  a  500 sq. mts  non - agricultural  plot . Originally  i.e  somewhere  in  1960  , this  belonged  to  my  Mother's  father (maternal grandfather) . My  maternal  grandmother  i.e  my  mother's  mother  insisted  my  mother  to  build  a  2- room  house  for  our  stay  in  the  native  place during  our  visits from  MUMBAI.  My  mother  had  always  maintained  good  relations  with  his  only  brother &  her  parents . As  such  without  any  second  thought , somewhere  in  1982, a  2-room  house  with  boundary  walls  was  built  by  my  parents . Somewhere  in  1982  my  maternal  grandfather  expired  without  any  WILL .  My  maternal  grandmother  always  used  to  say  that  the  house  will  always  belong  to  my  mother  and  his  only  brother  will  never  claim  a  share  in  the  same . My  mother  had  a  great  trust  on  her  mother . My  maternal  grandmother  expired  without  a  WILL  somewhere  in  1997 .

Today  after  30 - years  my  maternal - uncle  has  staked  a  claim  saying  that  the  plot  belongs  to  him  and  my  mother  has  no  right  whatsoever  in  the  house. The  interesting  fact  is  that , all  the  taxes / cess  of  the  plot  are  still  being  paid  by  my  mother  but in  the  name  of  my  maternal  uncle . But  the  gram  panchayat  taxes / duties , electricity  bill  of  the  house , etc.  are   paid  by  my  mother  in  the  name  of  my  father . Under  such  circumstances  we  are  not  clear  as  to  what  needs  to  be  done .  My  mother  has  already  crossed  the  age  of  60-years  whereas  his  brother  is  at  the  age  of  48 - years.  My  mother  had  invested  her  hard  earned  money  in  building  this  house & the  boundary walls  &  she  made  the  same  with  great  enthusiasm .  Now  at  this  age  if , she  is  made  to  see  these  days  then  this  is  really  not  bearable.  

We  checked  the  records  in  TALATI /  PANCHAYAT  office .  As on date the  plot  bears  the  name  of  my  maternal - uncle  whereas  the  ghar-patti  receipts  are  in  the  name  of  my  father.

It  is  not  clear  as  to  how  only  the  name  of  my  maternal  uncle  is  found  in  the records  whereas  my  mother  had  three  more  siblings .           

We  request  you  to  guide  &  advice  us  to  resolve  this  issue  as  soon  as  possible.  Awaiting  for  a  quick  &  positive  reply.

REGARDS 

N.K.WADHIA       

M : 09323781627

Email : naresh.1964@rediffmail.com

naresh.1964@indiatimes.com

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register