Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Chennai (Tech)     15 May 2013

Help on domestic violence

Experts,

Complaints on me –

1.      1.  Dowry amount of 50,000 and Gold

2. After/Before my marriage they have not given single paisa to me or to my family members.

5.       3. She broke the matrimony home by running to her home numerous occasions (evidence on call recording)

6.       4. Mother in law herself told that their lawyers asked her to file false cases ( evidence on call & video recording)

7.       Complete marriage expenses of around 6 Lakhs spend by me. I have still have around 4 lakhs of personal loan for marriage for which I am still paying.

8.       She needs 10 Lakh money to close the case

9.       No evidence related to harassments.

10.   If I really need money of 50,000 I can swipe my credit card instead of begging anyone.

11.   For my Mother hospitalization, I swiped my debit card near the hospital. Evidence is there in my debit card statement and there is no requirement for me to get money from my mother in law

12.   Unnecessarily dragging my sister into this case for domestic violence

Once Divorced is filed last year – Below listed happened

1.       A week before the first counselling,  Wife and her relatives(uncle, aunt, mother, father) came to my home and fought and insulted me, my mother, my sister with bad language.

2.       I filed a complaint in nearby Police station on the same day. (No action took place till now)

3.       Next week after the counselling they filed a case in police station, on Domestic, Dowry charges

4.       I was called by Inspector of police and a counselling took place. Counsellor found charges against me are false and she gave her feedback to the Inspector.

5.       Numerous times I was called by the police inspector and I was threatened to live with her.  I gave a written statement saying that I will return all jewellery, Furniture, etc that coming Saturday.  Also I came that Saturday with my lawyer to station but they didn’t come.

6.       Again, Next week I received a call from Asst. Commissioner of police (Dowry Prohibition Officer)  I was asked to come the following week.

7.       I sent a notice to Asst. Commissioner of police saying previous week similar complaint was filed in nearby Police station and I was enquired. Also called Asst. Commissioner of police Station number informing the same and mentioned over the phone saying that if required I am ready to come to the station at any time

8.       Then the following day received a  summon from Domestic Violence act and was asked to come to collector office. So we went there again the protection officer didn’t found charges against me are valid. Asked me to return the jewellery, Furniture, etc. For which I agreed and gave a written statement to her. Also Wife and her mother in front the protection officer asked for 10,000rs on monthly basis Or they need a onetime settlement of 10 Lakhs. I informed to protection officer that I’ll think and come back to her. I was asked her to come on after couple of weeks

9.       Again after a week received a call from State Commission of Women . There was counselling held. Asked me to return the jewellery, Furniture, etc. For which I agreed and gave a written statement to her. I was informed that I will again receive a summon to come the following month.  Also Wife and her mother want to settle the case with 10 lakhs. I told I don’t have enough money. ( After that  I didn’t receive a summon till now)

10.   In 2012 after the counselling in high court I went to collector office to meet the protection officer but she was not there. We gave a notice/petition about the false cases she filed previously with numerous police complaints to the Secretary of protection officer. Also informed her to call me if any presence of me required going forward

11.   Later after a month or two. I received a call from Asst. Commissioner of police (Dowry Prohibition Act) asking me to make my presence.  I again had a counselling and counsellor found all charges false and my wife pressed to file FIR and they refused. And I gave a written statement saying I will settle the case through my divorce case

12.   On October they filed a new case in High court , But during the counselling in Divorce case in high court, My wife kept telling that she wants to live with me

13.   I showed the evidence that to the counsellor in High court with all the police complaints she made on me and also the new case she filed, then the High court counsellor moved the divorce case to the court.

14.   From Nov 2012 to Feb 2013. Wife and mother in law started calling me but I didn’t answer any of those phone calls. And I did answer my mother in law calls and all those calls are recorded and there was video recording when she came to my home for during Dec 2012 for compromise.

15.   Divoce case is running parallely, Now again, new complaint in another magistrate court. Any help on how to take it forward will help

Re   regards,

on one more innocent

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Two options for you.

1.  Seek intervention of elders, come to a admissible figure, for one shot payment as settlement, where they take back all these cases, and agree for a mutual consent divorce.  Remember everything should be in writing, dont fall prey to false promises.

2.  They are not ready for compromise, wont agree for a lesser amount, then fight the case based on merits.  No doubt, it will take time, but eventually you will come out clean, as the points which you have told here in the query wont stand a chance when things are cross examined by your lawyer.  And eventually, it will be proven that this is a false case, and filing false case amounts to mental cruelty and mental cruelty and filing false cases are a very good ground for obtaining divorce.

Manoj Chennai (Tech)     17 May 2013

Thank you..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register