@ Mrs. Bhatia,
1. First of all when expat couple approach Family Court in UAE in most cases Family Laws favor locals over expats.
2. It seems from bare reading the brief a case of one spouse having upper hand in marital relationship and other spouse shown to be taking backseat and case of reverse role models which in feudal society never expects to be dominated by in Indian context is emerging thus this anxious brief before us.
3. Your son can always talk to you without need of informing / seeking permission to/from his wife. Dubai as well as Indian family laws does not put any bar – restraint.
4. You can always visit Dubai to meet your son and DIL and fear is to be removed that if you visit she will file DV in Dubai. Remedy are always there if any case filed and it is not that it is end of the family – society.
5. If her parents were there at the time of marriage then they are considered as marriage witness.
6. It is purely upto spouse if they want to jointly contribute for home finances or one spouse remits money back home and another solely contributes for home fire. In feudal society if a working female is seen to save and remit her income to her parents then male dominated feudal society does not tolerate such acts of a female.
7. Dubai hospitals are not like Indian hospitals where for few currency exchange under the table false records can be made that also for expats. Locals donot have much regards for expat community to sway for few currency notes if allegations is of such nature. She may be visiting hospitals for valid medical reasons and visit to local hospitals is not cheap by the way.
8. A woman undergoes so many medical issues in her lifetime and irregular periods / flue - cold are acceptable medical issues she faces and to make mountain of the same does not hold merits.
What I see from your query is that you are feeling lonely being senior citizen left out of physical company of your son who married outside his caste to a female whom probably you did not approve and the adult son who is living overseas and may be you are over reacting to daily issues that young couple face due to Arabian Sea communication gap.
It is OK to be anxious of safety, well being of your adult children - son who is married to his colleague probably not of same caste as you were expecting and choose to live overseas with his new bride who is seen as dominant spouse.
If you fear some legal cases may be filed by your DIL on you senior citizens then best would be to debar - disown your son from property (if any) and do not visit - communicate with him till he handles his own alleged to have marital issues afterall he is grown-up and has been brought up - educated by you and now be allowed to start his own nest. It is not ok to interfere - give daily suggestion to grownups on how to handle his matrimony as he is expected to take adult decisions and come out of mama’s shell is my view.
I fully understand our Laws are gender biased but for the same remedy are there which takes years here but all these one should have thought before marriage or allowing him to be married to a woman of his own choice and not afterwards.